The Rosebud RSL was founded on the 15 September 1946 with its first headquarters being the old library building that is still located opposite the Rosebud State School on Point Nepean Road.
The first President and one of the founders of the Rosebud RSL was David Maynard Crichton who held the position from 1946 until 1950. To date 23 Presidents have been appointed at the Rosebud RSL, Bruce Turner being the current President. Bruce took on the President position in 2013.
Sometime in the 1950’s it was relocated to the old cinema in Rosebud Parade that was opposite Jenning’s Dairy. This was due to the State School using the RSL hall as an overflow classroom.
After the big fire, about 1972, in the pine plantation that stretched along Eastbourne Road, the RSL bought 6 blocks of land and that is where the club house stands today.